Gangs & Groups
A group is a mechanic that allows players in that group to work together efficiently. Groups are deleted after each server restart. Each member of a group will have access to the following:
- The ability to view other group members' positions on the map.
- The choice to see those group members' hexes on-screen. This can be disabled through your player menu by pressing "y" and changing an option in the settings.
- The availability of an in-game text and voice chat.
- Dead group members who had a GPS will be automatically marked on the map.
- When capturing cartels with a group of multiple gangs, the gang of the leader of the group captures the cartel.
Creating a Group
- Open your player interface menu by pressing "Y".
- At the top of the phone, you'll see 12 icons.
- Find the first icon of the second row. The icon looks like three people standing next to each other.
- Click "Create New"
- Enter a name for your group and a password for people to use. Passwords are optional but highly recommended.
- Once you set a password and name, you must then set a group tag.
- When your friends click the group icon, they'll be able to find your new group and join it using the password.
A gang is a mechanic that allows players to band together. When you join the server, you will automatically be placed in your "gang group", which is a permanent group. This gang group comes with the same perks that a normal group does. If a gang member joins a temporary group, people in the gang group will not be able to see their position on the map, on-screen hex, death location, etc. The group perks will override the gang perks.
Creating a Gang
- Open your player interface menu by pressing "Y".
- Find the second icon of the second row. The icon is a person wearing a ski mask.
- Click "Create."
- Enter a name for your gang. This name must be unique.
- $50,000 will be deducted from your bank account once you have confirmed your desired gang name. Now your gang is active!
- Gang Leaders can now advertise their gangs in-game.
- Gang Leaders can submit a 25 character title and a 255 character description.
- Gang Leaders can optionally link the forum for their Gang Recruitment.
- Leaders can edit and delete their listing.
- Gang members are able to see their own recruitment on the Y-Menu Gangs Tab.
- Gangless players can see recruitment on the 'Create Gang' Tab.
Players in groups and gangs have forced tags in front of their profile name. E.g:
- Profile Name: Player
- Gang: Olympus Gamers
- Appearance: [OG] Player.
Tags now have forced delimiters
- Ex: [TAG], TAG |, TAG -, |TAG|, etc.
The tag will be included in message list, wanted lists, and give lists but not on the map player list. Max characters for a tag is 12, Make sure your gang tags comply here. Making your gang tag a bunch of empty spaces will result in a tag forced by staff. Only the group or gang leader can set the tag. Default gang tags will be set as “”. APD members are now tagged as "Police |" Medics are now automatically tagged with “[Medic]” Read more about group engagement in chapter 1.2 of the server rules here.
Gang Rank Permissions
Be wary of promoting people in your gang. Certain ranks come with certain permissions.
|Permission||Rank 0||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3||Rank 4||Rank 5|
|Deposit gang funds||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|View in-game gang funds ledger||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|Retrieve personal vehicles at gang shed garage||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|Repair gang shed with personal funds||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|Access gang shed storage||X||X||X||X||X|
|Retrieve gang vehicles||X||X||X||X|
|Invite & kick gang members||X||X||X|
|Manage gang wars||X||X||X|
|Pay gang shed rent||X||X||X|
|View full funds ledger on the stats page||X||X||X|
|Withdraw gang funds||X||X|
|Upgrade gang shed||X||X|
|Purchase & sell gang shed||X|
|Promote from rank 4 to rank 5||X|
Any gang member who has been promoted to rank 3 or above can manage gang wars. You can manage your gang's wars in the gang application of your "y" phone. As a rank 3, you can also accept and deny incoming war invites from other gangs.
When you start a war with another gang, that entire gang becomes "kill-on-sight" for your gang. Players who are members of enemy gangs will have red names. You can kill these players without engagement. You can also use a titan against enemy gang members in aerial vehicles without initiation.
When you kill enemy gang members, you will gain war points. War points can be used to buy items in the war point shop at rebel. When you kill enemy gang members, the number of war points that you gain depends on the gear that you're wearing and the gear that the enemy is wearing. A good rule of thumb is the following: if you use a cheap loadout to kill an enemy gang member who has an expensive loadout, you'll gain more war points.
Any member in a gang can deposit money in the gang funds. Only those who have rank 4 and rank 5 can withdraw money from those funds. Gang funds can be used to buy a gang shed, pay gang shed rent, and make gang shed upgrades.
When your gang owns a certain cartel, any profits that are generated by that cartel are added to the gang funds. For example: if your gang has captured the cocaine cartel, and a player outside of your gang sells cocaine, 15% of their revenue is automatically added to your gang funds.
Industrial sheds that are placed on the map by default are purchasable buildings. On the server, they are referred to as gang sheds. There are many industrial sheds placed across the island of Altis by default. Note that not all sheds are for sale and that some extra gang sheds have been placed around the map by the developers.
For a gang to qualify for purchasing a gang shed, the gang must have 8 members on the roster. If the member count drops below 8 after the gang shed is purchased, access to the gang shed will be automatically limited.
The gang must also have a minimum of 20 million dollars in its gang funds, and at least 5 active gang members with an accumulation of 10 hours between all gang members to buy a gang shed. If you want to upgrade the gang shed, there must be enough money in the gang funds to cover the cost of the upgrade. To maintain a gang shed, the gang must pay rent for the gang shed. You are able to pay a month in advance. If you don't pay the rent, your gang will lose ownership of the gang shed without a refund.
By default, all members of a gang can use the garage at the gang shed. Anyone in the gang who holds the rank of 1 or above can access the virtual and physical inventory. If a gang shed is fully upgraded, it can hold 10,000 virtual storage and 900 physical storage.
Inside of your gang sheds windows key menu there will be a wardrobe. This will allow you to change the skin of your clothing to skins that are available to you. To change clothing double-click on the skin you wish to select.
|Initial purchase price||$20,000,000||$15,000,000|
|1 month of rent||(virtual storage) x $50||N/A|
|Virtual storage upgrade||$1,500,000 per 1,000||$375,000 per upgrade|
|Physical storage upgrade||$1,500,000 per 150||$375,000 per upgrade|
|Oil storage upgrade||$500,000||$125,000|
|Repair when destroyed||$1,000,000||N/A|
Beware of storing illegal items in your gang shed. Although civilians outside of your gang are unable to steal items from your gang shed's storage, under certain circumstances, the APD has the ability to either (1) raid your gang shed or (2) raid and search your gang shed.
- APD officers who hold the rank of Patrol Officer or above can issue a raid warrant on a property. A raid warrant allows for the APD to enter a property to capture a criminal or rescue a hostage. A raid warrant does not include a search of the property's virtual or physical storage.
- APD officers who hold the rank of Sergeant or above can issue a search warrant on a property. A search warrant allows for the APD to search the virtual and physical storage of a property. In simple terms, the APD can issue a search warrant if they see a person interacting with the gang shed (using the garage, accessing storage, opening/closing doors, taking refuge inside) while that person has a (1) bounty, or (2) while they're brandishing an illegal weapon, or (3) while they're evading arrest. If the APD has a visual of a gang member leaving an illegal area, does not lose visual, and then sees that gang member interact with the gang shed, then the APD has probable cause to issue a search warrant.
Any member of a gang who is rank 2 or above can manage the gang's garage. If you would like to add one of your personal vehicles to the gang's garage, you'll need to (1) retrieve that vehicle at the gang shed, (2) press the windows key to open the gang shed menu, and (3) use the gang shed menu to add your vehicle to the gang garage. When you add a vehicle to the gang garage, you are no longer the owner.
Gang members who have been promoted to rank #2 can retrieve gang vehicles. Gang vehicles are retrieved the same way that personal vehicles are retrieved. In the vehicle retrieval menu, press "Gang Garage" instead of "Personal".
Finding a Gang
Gangs can earn experience points by completing actions throughout their time on Olympus. Each level reached will grant your gang 1 token which will allow gang leaders to unlock a permanent buff that all gang members can benefit from. Milestones are also given for every 10 levels which will reward your gang 3 additional tokens. Gang leaders are also able to respect perks and will give back those tokens spent.
Gang leaders must spend an appropriate amount of tokens in a specific tree to unlock each tier. Perks can only be tiered in order and not skip tiers. Ex. 2% Gold Sell must be unlocked before purchasing 4% Gold Sell.
Tier 1: None
Tier 2: Three Tier 1 Tokens are required to be spent to unlock.
Tier 3: Three Tier 2 Tokens are required to be spent to unlock.
Actions That Earn XP