What is the Support Team?
The support team is a long-standing service in the Olympus community founded by former Olympus owner, Peter Long. The purpose of the support team is to aid newer members of the community and to help grow the Olympus player-base by answering day-to-day questions and offering support.
How To Apply For Support Team
Do you want to help and guide the people of Olympus? Great! You can find how to apply and the requirements for applying here:
- Applicants must be 16 or older. (Age exceptions can be made on a case by case basis)
- Must have a forum account older than 1 month.
- Must have a minimum of 500 hours on the server.
- Fully read and understand the Olympus Server Rules, APD Handbook, and the R&R handbook.
- No bans within the past 3 months (Previous bans may still affect your application)
- (Exception): Bans that have been lifted by a staff member will not be counted towards you.
- Must be an active member of the Olympus Community (ex: in-game and on the forums)
- Professionalism on the Olympus Teamspeak & forums is a must. Toxicity will not be tolerated.
- Failure to take your test in 2 weeks from the date your application has been accepted will require you to submit a new application.
- Simply because you meet these requirements it does not mean your application will be accepted. These are the minimum requirements that applicants must meet before applying to be considered into the support team.
If you meet the above requirements and wish to join the Support Team then follow these next steps:
- Navigate to the Olympus Forums and make a new support request.
- Select the dropdown menu and choose the “Support Team Application” option, make the title of your application: “Support Team Application - [Your Name]”, then fill out all of the required information and make sure to write out a few good reasons as to why the Support Team should let you join. Hit the “Save” option and wait until you hear back from the senior support team on whether or not you were accepted or denied.
- If you were accepted then please navigate to the Olympus Teamspeak and join the “Support Team Applicants” channel with your ticket number in your name. From here you will be pulled by the senior support team and given the support team test.
Support Team Responsibilities
- Help new players with any questions they might have about game mechanics, how to get started, and maneuvering the community to join different departments, groups, gangs, or factions.
- Mediate disputes between parties using competent rule knowledge and, if necessary, de-escalating conflict to find an amicable resolution.
- Helping players create support requests for staff assistance.
- Educating players on the rules of the server and for specific factions.
- Answering in-game dispatches to help players settle disputes and provide assistance
Support Team Benefits
- Payout of $750,000 or 50 warpoints at the end of each 2-week term if ticket quota is met
- In-game uniform whitelist
- In-game title
- Support Team in-game dispatch system similar to R&R and APD dispatches. However, it does not show players location.
- In-game text communication channel
- Can be used cross faction
- Opportunity to increase standing in the Olympus community and to meet new people
Support Team Member of the Month
In addition to the benefits outlined above, members can also compete for member of the month. It is typically awarded to the member with the most tickets for the month and winners get to chose between a few rewards.
- Rewards include
- 200 warpoints
- Blackwater Armory weapon of choice + 4 mags for a weapon. This is not including the Zafir or any type of attachment.
- Suppressor of choice with a maximum caliber of 7.62.
- Vehicle of choice (using prices up to an armed prowler/Qilin ~3 mil).
Joining Support Team
In order to make an application for the support team, navigate to the Olympus forums, click the support tab, then new request, and select "support team application". Fill out all required data as well as a statement speaking to why you should be considered for the support team.